30 January 2015

How to keep your binder tidy and organised...

I am going to try to use a binder this year and it isn't all that common at my school but I do have my usual books to so I think I might focus on using my binder for important notes and for things about my end of year exams. Although I really am not sure exactly what I'm going to use it for yet but I still have a bunch of tips on keeping your binder organised.

So you have your binder and your not really sure what sorts of things you can put in it and ways to keep in organised?

First I would suggest buying or making some tab dividers so that you can use them to separate different subjects or sub-topics within a subject. The amount of tab dividers you will need in your binder will depend on how many binders you are using and how many subjects/topics you have.

In a 1 inch binder you can fit 200 pieces of refill in it but I would suggest putting a little less than that in it if you have a 1 inch binder, but if you have a bigger binder then don't fill it completely and just give yourself a little extra space to put other stuff in it such as tab dividers, maybe a little binder pencil case/pouch thing or maybe a folder that clips into the binder or anything else that you can buy that clips into a binder.

Depending on how many tab dividers you have in the binder will depend on how much refill you should put in each section but just evenly divide it between the amount of sections. I put around 25 sheets in each of my 6 sections although they won't all be in my binder at once so it comfortably fits my little homemade pencil holder things.

I also made a DIY whiteboard thing and made a cover thing for it so that the whiteboard markers don't just wipe off easily. I blu-tacked the whiteboard to the inside of the front cover. I plan to put my timetable, a homework to do list and a reminders section on my whiteboard. This way I can easily check what subject I have next and when I get home I have an easy to access list of all of my homework to complete.

Keep you binder tidy so that things are easy to access. If your binder is starting to look messy then just tidy things up a bit so that things are all in the right order and so that everything is easy to find. You could also get some folders, whether you have just one at the end for all of your loose papers or one for each of your sections so that loose papers and handouts are all nicely tucked away together so that they don't fall out or get messed up and so that you don't have to carry a hole punch around with you all the time.

I would suggest 1 inch binders because the refill opens up completely without you having to tear the pages off. This would keep it organised and tidy because there won't be a bunch of loose papers that will easily fall out when the holes start to tear. It will also keep things organised because you can write in it like a book so everything will be in the right order.

Another idea I have if you have 1 binder that you take to school is to get another binder to keep extra stuff in.
Say you have Maths, English, Science and 2 other subject in your binder so 5 all up and you only have Maths and English that day, put the other 3 sections in your spare binder so that you only have what you need and aren't carrying around extra weight that you don't need. You could maybe get one of the bigger binders for your spare one so that you can keep extra refill and stuff in it.

So that is all the tips I have for now, if you have any other tips feel free to share them in the comments...

Bye,
KiwiGirlHelp

No comments:

Post a Comment