12 January 2015

Back to School - Cute DIY Stationary Ideas

Hi, so today I have some cute ideas to make your stationary for 2015 really cute. I like to buy stationary and make it cute because it makes me happy. I know I'm making DIY book coverings for this year. I will hopefully make a video and/or a post showing you my school supplies for this year. I hope to possibly give my stationary a theme but I know that I'll probably want to try as many of my ideas as possible and I'll end up with one big mumble jumble of stationary.

Anyway, let's get started with the ideas...

Pencils
-You could wrap them in patterned tape of some sort.
-You could use you book covering to wrap them so they match your books. I usually use a thin strip on the ends of my pencils so I know they are my pencils.
-You could make cute little pencil toppers with pipe cleaners.
-You could glue pom poms to the ends of your pencils as pencil toppers.
-You could tie shortish ribbons to the ends of your pencils, you could tie them in bows.
-You could glue lace onto your pencil ends.
-You could paint them white and draw on them with felts or whatever when the paint has dried.
-You could paint them (striped, 1 colour, spotty etc.), You could use nail polish to paint them.
-You could make a drawing out of them, like draw a picture on a piece of paper and then cut it into strips wide enough to wrap around the pencil vertically and then when you put your pencils in the right order they kind of make a picture.
-You could decorate with small stickers

Pens (there isn't as much you can do with pens)
-You could use a thin strip of your book covering to wrap around the middle.
-You could decorate with small stickers
-and I don't really have any other ideas, you'll just have to wait and see if I show you my stationary for 2015.

Rulers (I say the centre but just put them down the part where the numbers and mm lines aren't so that you can still use the ruler otherwise it defeats the purpose)
-For my ruler I usually just use a strip of my patterned book cover down the center.
-You could stick some small stickers down the centre of it.
-You could stick a thin strip of ribbon down the centre.
-If your ruler has a hole on the end you could tie a ribbon onto it.

Scissors
-I usually just tie a bow onto the handles.
-You could put some small stickers on the handles.

Erasers
-If it has a little cardboard case, I would suggest decorating it with stickers, patterned book covering etc.
-If it doesn't have a little cardboard case I don't think you should do anything to the eraser because it may affect it's ability to erase stuff. Although you could always use another pencil and dot a design onto one side.

Pencil Sharpeners
-If it is one with the little bin thing under it, you could decorate the little bin somehow
-If it is just a normal pencil sharpener, you could just put a sticker or some book covering on the flat side (the back?)


That is all the stationary items I can think of right now but if you have any ideas you would like to add, comment letting me know what they are.

Thanks,
KiwiGirlHelp

No comments:

Post a Comment