20 January 2015

Back to School - Getting your Period in Class

I have a video on this so I thought I might do a bit of a post on it too.
So you are sitting in class and you feel a strange gush or dampness down there. It's your period. What do you do? Do you ask to go to the bathroom? Or do you wait until the class is over? No you have to go now before anything bad happens. Some teachers are very strict when it comes to students going to the bathroom during class especially tests. With the right words you may be allowed to go, so here I am to help.

My first piece of advice is to wear liners if you are due or expecting your period. I would recommend the U by Kotex Protect Liners. These liners have saved me from embarrassment a lot so I would definitely suggest you go and buy some of them. So yeah if you wear liners and get your period then hopefully they will be able to save you until you can get to the bathroom. Although if you have a heavy flow, I would suggest getting to the bathroom as quickly as you possibly can.

I would also suggest waiting until the middle of the class if it happens near the beginning of class because teachers usually won't let you go to the bathroom near the beginning or end of class.

If you really desperately need to go right now, I would suggest just going and simply saying "May I please go to the bathroom?" It's as simple as that, most teachers will say yes especially if they are female because it is very likely they have gone through this as well.

You've just received the dreaded no but you really have to go. This is when you should say things like "It's a girl emergency" or "Period". It really depends on what you are comfortable with. You could also maybe have your period kit in your hand while you ask and maybe gesture to it or slightly open it so they can see inside but again this depends on what you are comfortable with.

Negotiate. Maybe they have said no because you have work to finish so you could maybe say "Well can I go when I've finished _________"

Ask then why you can't go and maybe try and correct it so that you can go to the toilet.

If you desperately then just say "I'm going to pee myself if I don't go now" or if you have a female teacher say "You know what it's like now can I just go to the bathroom" or "I won't be long"

Maybe you could ask to go to the sickbay/nurses office or whatever and then instead of going there go to the bathroom or go to the bathroom there if there is one.

That is all of my tips for getting your period in class and for when your teacher won't let you go.

Thanks,
KiwiGirlHelp

No comments:

Post a Comment