11 July 2014

#HolidayBoredomBusters - 3

I now have another Boredom Busting activities for you to do these holidays.

Idea #10 - Movie Marathon

Now this is probably my best idea as I have a lot of ideas for this idea and today I am sharing one of my theme ideas with you to really jazz up your amazing movie marathon.

The first theme idea is fabulous if the weather where you live these Chilly winter school holidays isn't so chilly and you don't see snow often because this theme will totally transform your lounge into a Winter Wonderland.

1. Don't forget to invite your friends with some super cute snowflake invitations. I will hopefully get a tutorial up shortly after this is posted so that way you can see how I made mine. I think that wearing pajamas would totally add to the winter wonderland theme.

2. Decorate! I am planning on doing another post on Redecorating your room for a not so Snowy New Zealand Winter so keep an eye out on that for decoration ideas.

3. Catering! Don't forget the cute foods. The possibilities for food are endless and all you need is a great imagination.
My catering ideas are
- If the weather is cold outside go with Hot Chocolates to drink (you could even make some fancy hot chocolate stir stick things, I came across them the other day on google and they look cute so why not try making some)
- If the weather outside is hot then make Iced Chocolates instead of Hot chocolates to help keep you cool on the hot day.
- Snowmen Cupcakes (Regular Cupcakes, iced with white icing, sprinkled with coconut and then use marshmallows and any other things you can find to make cute little snowmen to sit on top of the cakes)
- Make cake pops dunked in white chocolate and coconut to resemble snowballs
- You could also try making some snowflake shaped biscuits or snowflake shaped anything.
- What about? Penguin shaped foods! Penguin shaped biscuits or anything penguin shaped.
- What other shapes could you use? You could make snowy owls or tree shaped biscuits or something and use icing sugar to dust on the tops to look like snow.


4. Movies! Find a bunch of wintery movies. I would suggest Frozen and Cloud 9 but you could totally watch any movies you wish.

Hope these ideas help you to host a Winter Wonderland themed movie marathon.

Thanks,
KiwiGirlHelp

No comments:

Post a Comment